October 14

About Me – Sally Ka

Student Blog Challenge Week 1 – Activity 5

Who Is She?

Sally: A girl who is often called by her second name because most people can’t pronounce her first. Determined she being the youngest of 3 children. Nevertheless, eager and namely the finest of them all.

Origins and Cultural Background: She was given birth to at the peak of an early July heat wave and was born with quite a hairline. Born in the city of Paris and with no teeth yet, with a joyful smile. At just one years old, Sally was on her way to capital of Zimbabwe. A land of kind and loving people. Sally attended the International School and had much love for all her friends and she will never forget the endless memories from when she was a young one. She was powerless in the decision made by her parents of moving therefore, in 2010 she found herself roaming Dakar’s streets. Quite a rough change for her considering she was in a completing different country and didn’t have any friends. Throwing tantrums became a daily routine. Sally wasn’t used to it and didn’t feel any vibe for this new life. You would think one would be happy moving however, it wasn’t the case. After a year or two she put an X through all negatives and although yearned at the thought of living in Zimbabwe, Sally faced reality.

I came back to her parents home yet, continue to be a Zimbabwean at heart and still eat bread and cheese at all most every meal.

Snap back to first person – Hey its Me 😉

I’ve been through a lot just being 14 years old. I have traveled lived in 3 different countries and hopefully I continue to travel around the world. My favorite courses are English and Social Studies. Not only are these classes lit but the topics we cover in them force us out of our comfort zones. Contrary to Math, humanities are less structured leave room for flexibility. Fact is I’m kind of a schoolaholic but I do love sports. I play volleyball, basketball, and soccer. My favorite teams are the CAVS and Bayern Munich. Also, I love to read, listen to music (DRAKEE), and simply being outdoors. 

Now that you know about me I’m looking forward to getting to know you,

Sally